Home    Kenward Ave, Chester Hill   9644 1099
Facebook Schooltube Youtube Instagram  

Attendance & absences

Missing school means your child misses out on vital information and maintaining learning routines. This can result in a loss of confidence and missing out on forming vital friendships.

Attendance is recorded each day. As a parent or caregiver you are responsible for ensuring your child attends school every day, including sports days unless your child:

  • has an unavoidable medical or dental appointment (preferably these should be made after school or during holidays)
  • is required to attend a recognised religious holiday
  • is required to attend an exceptional or urgent family circumstance (such as attending a funeral)
  • is sick, or has an infectious illness.

Students need to attend school regularly to meet the course requirements of the Higher School Certificate.

If you are having difficulty getting your child to attend school regularly, you might like to talk to the school Principal or the School Counsellor.

If your child has to be absent from school for any reason, including arriving late or leaving early, please either tell your child's teacher or the administration assistant at our school, or explain the reason by phone, email, or written note as soon as possible, or within seven days.


I am late to school

-  Go to the front office and swipe your ID card 
-  Hand in a note written by your parent/guardian explaining your reason for lateness 
If you do not have a note or are late on several occasions during a term, you will be given an after school detention notice to take home and get signed telling you when you have to stay back at school 

I am away from school

-  The day you come back you should give a note to your Tutor Group (Roll Call) teacher which explains your absence 
-  Notes should be written by your parent/guardian and clearly state the dates you were absent, your tutor group and your name 
-  If you are absent for three days or more due to illness you should bring a Doctor's Certificate to your Tutor Group (Roll Call) teacher 
-  If you are going to be absent from school because you are going on holiday or overseas etc, you bring in a note at least one week before you go, asking the Principal's permission for you to take leave from school as well as a copy of your airline ticket. Extended holidays should not be taken during the school term. 

I need to leave school early

-  You must bring in a note requesting permission to leave school early which has been written by your parent/guardian. 
-  Notes should clearly state your 
             -  Name 
             -  Tutor Group 
             -  The reason you have to leave early 
             -  The time you have to leave 
-  If you have a medical/dental appointment you should also bring in the appointment card or have the doctor's name and phone number written on the note so your appointment can be confirmed 
-  You will be given a leavers pass which states your name, tutor group and the time you are allowed to leave 
Early leave passes are available between 8.15am and 8.50am from the Head Teacher Administration or the Deputy Principals who will give you an early leave receipt from the printer. You will then need to come down to the office when you are leaving to have this receipt scanned.
Please note:
- No early leavers' passes will be given to miss sport on Tuesday afternoons as this is compulsory for all students in Years 7-11. Students will only be exempt if there is an officially authorised note from the doctor regarding the appointment.
-  Students are NOT permitted to leave the school grounds during school hours unless they have written authority from the Principal, Deputy Principal or Head Teacher Administration. 
Log in
Log in
Friends and Supporters
Our latest newsletter is from June, 2018.
Cheso Values
Social Media

DEC Annual School Report Board of Studies Sentral at Home Sentral at Work School Plan Student Portal Staff Portal Search the Cheso Library
Sport Scores Upload